Tuesday, October 7, 2014

sweet!

             When I was little, people used to ask what my favorite food was.  I would always answer "sugar and butter".


Of course I love sweets [who doesn't?!].  Caramel is the ultimate butter and sugar sweet.  Here is a caramel recipe I LOVE and it is so easy to make.  You cook it in the microwave!!!

1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

Put all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave for nine minutes.  Stir every two minutes.  Then pour in a greased 9x9 dish and let cool.  I like cutting them into pieces to put in my lunch box.  You could even use this recipe for caramel apples.  It is the perfect season for it!


3 comments:

  1. I remember that beautiful little girl! Grown up so quickly, and even more beautiful. I am excited to try the caramel recipe! Nice post ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little girl! what is your favorite food now? Looks very tasty!

    ReplyDelete